[Towertalk] (no subject)

George T. Daughters gdaught6@leland.stanford.edu
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:12:54 +0008

Pete wrote...

> I think they come in several different sizes, but it's been long
> enough that I remember only my aching back and what seemed like only
> one Bobcat trip per guy anchor -- I was the guy with the shovel on the
> receiving end getting it out of the bucket into the relatively small
> holes...

Being the guy with the shovel makes the bobcat bucket seem
waaayyy bigger!

I will always remember spending the better part of a week with my
shovels, digging a 2+ cu yd hole for my tower base.  I was pretty
proud of myself for making the big hole on my own; no power
anything.

The concrete pumper filled that sucker up in 90 seconds or so!

Awesome!

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT