[Towertalk] Near Tragedy Averted

WL7M joe@xyz.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:45:11 -0900

I just saw part of the story on CNN, but today (Friday) they showed a ham
(apparently a "senior citizen" - and I'm close to being one) who had fallen
from his tower, purportedly at the near-70 foot level.  He was shown upside
down on his safety harness, apparently unable to right himself.  He was
rescued by a cherry picker, and apparently suffered little permanent
damage, other than to his pride, I'm sure.  Thank goodness for safety
harnesses.  And, for my Hazer system and not having to climb towers.  Be
safe out there!

73,
Joe
WL7M