[Towertalk] UPS.....and CCRC

Larry Kayser kayser@sympatico.ca
Sun, 05 May 2002 16:01:02 -0400

Greetings:

I was hurt several times by "the boys in brown" but I found a
solution.  When they call for delivery, inform UPS to deliver the package
to the CCRC "Long Room" closest to you and the go to the long room and
clear the package yourself.  I have even managed to get the US shipper to
mark the package for "Deliver to CCRC Long Room in xxxxx" and that has
worked as well.  After a couple of pretty ugly sessions with them they have
this now well understood and the last time they didn't even argue or try to
push me into accepting their Brokerage fees..

The first time with this is a little brutal, they will threaten to ship it
back etc. but if you just keep insisting what you want done they will
eventually do it.  When my Centurian amplifier got caught, I showed up with
a Customs guy in uniform, and a cell phone to call the Mounties and they
finally got the message that I was not messing around with them.  The fact
I had the papers in my hand all filled out for small claims court as well
didn't hurt.

Good Luck

Larry
VA3LK