[Towertalk] Seeking input for new antenna.

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:58:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/02 6:41:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cfwb@cox.net
writes:

> So I have been looking at:
>
>  Force 12  XR-5
>
>  Force 12  C-3
>
>  Force 12  C-19XR
>
>  Cushcraft  X7
>
>  Fluidmotion  SteppIR 3 element yagi  (I'm thinking this might do well!)
>
>  Any input appreciated.

    A couple of those antennas or their cousins were evaluated in our
on-the-air tribander comparison test, available from  <A
HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.championradio.com</A>

    You not only get the results but also the WHOLE story including the
testing protocol. It's a pretty good read that'll give you a good perspective
of tribander performance. You'll see that you can use the F12 net gain
figures for comparison purposes unlike other manufacturers.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products