[Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Sat, 18 May 2002 10:48:39 -0700

Is there not a natural waxing and waning of these things?
The next upswing may not be exactly the same, as technology, people etc
change.  However, there will be something that will move in to take Daton
Hamventions place.  I always wanted to go.  BUT  $$$.  To me it seemed that
the $s went up every year it was successful, the more successful, the more
dollars next year.  Then the cycle dies as the spenders are without dollars.

Maybe the next swing will be in small hamventions in various areas.  The
government goes through cycles of centralization and decentralazation for
political reasons, I think the sales and promotions do likewise for dollar
reasons.

Just a thought, by, Chris opr VE7HCB