[Towertalk] Skyhawk or OB11-3

Paul Young k1xm@underwater.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 13:35:26 -0400

I'm replacing my home-station tribander.  I've narrowed the
choices to the Bencher Skyhawk or the Optibeam OB11-3.

Both manufacturers were at Dayton and I've seen what they
offer.

The Skyhawk is 20% longer and 25% heavier.  The mechanicals
on both look good.  The prices are comparable, at least in
my mind.

Does anyone have information or experience with one or the
other which might help me to make my decision?  I suspect
I won't go wrong with either but I still need to decide.

The current plan is for a stack at 35, 65, and 95 feet.  The
top antenna will be above the 40 and will be a real pain to
put up or take down, so longevity matters.

                           Paul, K1XM