[Towertalk] Dayton declining...

Stephanie WX3K wx3k@ptd.net
Sat, 25 May 2002 08:37:44 -0400

Nostagia is wonderful. I am one of those that loves the old tube gear and
the old days of radio.

I think in general, the lack of interest in science and math are the major
driving factors as far as interest in the hobby. The hobby is well connected
to the world of science and if someone care less about science and how
things work, that is one less person interested in the hobby. Science. How
does something work and why. Of course there are those that still want to
get involved in the hobby and dont want to know why it works (ie appliance
operators). They just want to flip the on switch and press the PTT button
and be on the air. Thats ok with me

I do believe eBay has put a big dent in the hamfest world. In general, the
internet has enabled us to do more with less traveling and time spent. It is
a changing world folks...lets roll with it.

Stephanie R. Koles WX3K
wx3k at arrl dot net
http://www.qsl.net/wx3k
http://resumes.yahoo.com/wx3k/rfengineer