[Towertalk] Really dumb question on coax

Mark Beckwith swca@swbell.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 21:48:56 -0500

If it were my station the answer would depend a LOT on if this was a 10
meter run or a 160 meter run - many people feel the UHF barrel connector and
two PL259s are visible to the RF - more on 10M than 160M.  I know guys who
claim to have run tests on this and concluded the above.  I have never run
the test myself, but I believe it.  Loss numbers reported were in the 1-2 db
at 28 Mc range.  YMMV.

Mark, N5OT