[Towertalk] RCS-4

Chuck Sudds Chuck@dxham.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:46:16 -0500

Does anyone have any experience using the Ameritron Remote Coax Switch,
Model RCS-4 on 6 meters??   The specs say good to 30Mhz.  This is the unit
that supplies the control voltages thru the coax.  The other model RCS-8V
is good to 450Mhz but uses a 6-wire control cable.  I wrote a note to
Ameritron (MFJ) to ask about use at 50Mhz and got back a real cryptic note
saying basically, try it at a lower power setting! Shoot.  I'm only running
100 watts <G>!   Anyone have any field experience using this switch at 50Mhz??

Chuck - KØTVD