[Towertalk] Who won the Alfa-SPID Rotator Draw at Dayton?

VE6JY Don Moman VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu, 30 May 2002 02:45:02 +0100

I know there are bunch of you out there that have a vested interest in
knowing who won the draw to win the price of their rotator purchase back....
Well, if you don't know, it's because you didn't win. We have notified the
lucky winner already.

And the winner is George Ulm, W9EVT......

The rotators have cleared customs (yes, finally!) and are now in hand, so
we'll be checking them out and shipping them to fill all the orders we took
at Dayton, and afterwards.. They should be ready to ship by early next week.

I'd like to personally take the time to say that I really enjoyed my first
time behind the booth at Dayton.  Sure talked with a lot of interesting
people (many from this reflector) at the booth and after hours at the
various contest hospitality suites.  It was a lot of long hours and the
voice got a bit hoarse, but no worse than most contests!  While attendance
numbers were down, we certainly had no shortage of people who were
interested in our rotator.  It provided good feedback as to what features
you wanted in a rotor and many of those are already being worked on.   The
major thread was that people wanted a rotator that didn't break either
itself or the pocketbook.   For those not present at Dayton 2002 you may
find info at :  http://alfaradio.ca/     We plan to be there in 2003 as
well.

Our Dayton pricing of  US $530 is still valid for the next few days/weeks
but the stock is limited to just a few before we have to take orders for the
next shipment, so if you need a rotor right away, please take a look at our
product.  The manual and a detailed FAQ are both on line at our website and
if you have specific questions that aren't covered you may contact me
personally.

For those of you attending the Radio Amateurs of Canada 2002 Convention in
Vernon B.C. at the end of July, we look forward  to seeing you there.

73 Don
VE6JY