[Towertalk] Low dipoles

k4oj k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:23:48 -0500

you are in country which can really take advantage of a low 40 - I tried
to get one up for SS but something was screwy with the feedline and
could not figure it out in time...

K3LR had a great NCJ article on this years back - he used a wire dipole
up about 40 ft and a reflector underneath it at 4 ft to ensure cloud
warming tendancies....in the Northeast there are so many population
centers SO close together that a low 40 is a mandate!

I tried to offset my high forty by trying to find some fill with a
vertical and drove both simultaneously...would rather have had something
to get me more Georgia, etc on 40...but....skip was so short on 20 I
suspect that I got away without help on 40.

73,

Jim, K4OJ