[Towertalk] Guy wires on a 20 meter tower

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:28:55 -0600

on 11/4/02 10:57 PM, Roger at rmurad@superig.com.br wrote:

> 1 - how many EHS guy sections are recommended for this tower and at what
> heights?

Go to:

http://www.rohnnet.com/rohnnet2001/catalog/pdfs/25G/25G-9.pdf

That should give you a nice indication of proper heights.  It's all in feet
but you should be able to translate to metric.

> 2 - where can I find somebody to make the modeling of this system, so I can
> find the correct lenghts to break the guy wires in order to avoid interaction?

Well, N4KG has done quite a lot of modeling and he is pretty adamant that
your EHS sections be no longer than 10 feet between insulators.  The very
top one, he says, should be even shorter as you have that section, the tower
and adjacent sections all interconnected.  That one should maybe be 3 to 4
feet long.  I'm sure he can help you as he's figured all this out with
modeling.

73,

Jon
NA9D