[Towertalk] G-450A Schematic

KI9A@aol.com KI9A@aol.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:06:27 EST

In a message dated 11/5/02 7:05:24 PM Central Standard Time,
ssouva@twcny.rr.com writes:

> The indicator in my Yaesu G-450A control box has stopped functioning.  Does
> anyone have a schematic they could email or fax to me?  The folks at Yaesu
> want $70 just to look under the hood and won't sell me the board.

Scott, the same thing happened to mine about a year after I got it.  I know
it's "cheap", but I connected a fluke meter to the outputs of the indicator
pot, & found the values for every 45 degrees, & made my own map. Again, its
cheesy, but I'll be dang if I'm going to send Yaesu my rotor, less than a
year old, & pay $70 jusst to look at it..more on principal! BTW, we are not
the only ones with this trouble...

73-Chuck KI9A

multipart/alternative
  text/html