[Towertalk] Rohn

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:28:48 -0600

on 11/12/02 2:51 PM, Robert Shohet at kq2m@earthlink.net wrote:

> Excuse me.....  He  was NOT elected, he was APPOINTED 5-4
> by the Supreme (political) Court.
>
> If he is elected in 2004, then it will be the FIRST time that he was
> elected.

While off topic and I'll get yelled at by Steve, I just can't let this
slide.

1.) The Supreme Court of the USA did NOT appoint the current President.
What they did was tell the Florida Supreme Court that the election mess was
handled incorrectly by them.  If you READ the decision of the court, this
was not a 5-4 decision.  This was a 7-2 decision.  There was little doubt by
the Supreme Court that the Florida Court messed up.  The Florida Court
violated Federal law that was established 7-2.

2.) The 5-4 part of the decision came about in the remedy period for the
Florida Court.

3.) All studies show that given nearly any scenario of recounts, the Florida
results would have remained the same particularly with the recount scenario
the current VP was asking for.

4.) It is a fact of the Constitution that a President can lose the popular
vote and win the Presidency.  It has happened before.  Whether the concept
of the electoral college is one who's time has come and gone is not the
issue.  The fact is that the President is elected by electoral votes NOT the
popular vote.

I'd suggest you study what actually happened rather than just spout typical
liberal verbage.

OK, flame away!

73,

Jon