[Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Quad vs Yagi

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:26:56 EST

In a message dated 11/18/02 5:30:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, i4jmy@iol.it
writes:

> Comparing apples with oranges may lead that a banana is longer.
>  Differrent modeling software converge that gain of a 2 elements
>  optimized quad is not significatively different than gain of a two
>  element optimized yagi, more or less one dB. Moreover, there is no
>  reason why it should be different.
>
>  73,
>  Mauri I4JMY

But if you try to squeeze juice from them, and that's what you are looking
for, then answer is very simple. :-)
What you mean apples and oranges? I thought we are talking about apples
(Yagis) and apples (Quads) = antennas.

Thank goodness for software! Now we can "explain" everything :-)

There are plenty of reasons why they are different, when you add them up,
there is enough reasons for serious operator to choose quad or Quad-Yagi
configurations. This is based on real 2m modeling and measurements.

73 Yuri