[Towertalk] tower joint Conductivity ???

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:39:09 -0600

on 11/19/02 2:58 AM, xppq at xppq@pyramid.net wrote:

> need quick answer - I am SURE this
> has been dealt with many times on
> this reflector
>
> Given a Tower of Rohn 45 - to be shunt
> fed on Low bands -  Is it NECESSARY
> to run WIRES top to bottom OR is the
> conductivity at the tower joints good enough
> to perform well as VERTICAL radiator ??
>
> Should I use conductive grease?

Get yourself some TowerLube.  It's made by the same people who make the
TowerJack.  It's a conductive grease and it will help your sections go
together with little to no effort.  I was amazed at how easily my tower went
together with it.

I would not trust the conductivity of the tower joints w/o something like
it.

73,

Jon
NA9D