[Towertalk] MFJ/Hygain etc

Robert Shohet kq2m@earthlink.net
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:53:28 -0500

Bill,

I am happy that you got lucky.  I have had some mind-boggling bad
experiences with them - too many.  One even required the personal
intervention of W8JI
and even then it was a fight. If it wasn't fpr Tom's generosity and effort,
MFJ would
have continued to ignore me and their manufacturing problem..

I have also had two good experiences with them.  They hardly made up for the
incompetence, indifference and utter stupidity with how the other matters
were handled.  Not to mention lying about a product and claiming that it
worked,
when in fact the tech person who stated it did, later recanted and admitted
that he
didn't know.
DUH!

My MFJ problems contrast with some exceptionally good experiences that I
have had with other manufacturers/vendors on a regular basis.  It is not
surprising that
each of those companies are relatively small and I deal with the "top dog"
directly.  What
a difference!

I personally would not use MFJ if I had a choice, but as a semi-monoply, if
you want the products you have to deal with them and hope for the best.  It
scares
me.

73

Bob KQ2M