[Towertalk] Ball bearings in pulleys

Richard M. Gillingham rmoodyg@bellsouth.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:43:57 -0500

I can't speak to the Antenna Mart products, But I have the IIX gin pole
and the Tower Block and no, they do not have ball bearings in the
pulleys.  When I'm about to use them, I inspect them and put a drop or
two of oil on the shafts and they work FB..  The roller in the XII is
made from a solid block of steel, and the Tower Block roller appears to
be machined cast steel.  No stamped or fragile parts.  Don't really need
ball bearings..

73
Gil, W1RG