[Towertalk] pulleys ???

Dennis Ashworth k7fl@arrl.net
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:41:25 -0700

I second Chuck's recommendation below. Last Friday I installed 8 new SS
pulleys in my fir trees after the Home Depot pulleys failed after two
years. Of the 8 pulleys I removed, 4 had deteriorated to where the pulley
wheel no longer rotated. If you can easily inspect and replace them in your
installation, then perhaps saving $10 a block by using the discount pulleys
might be acceptable. Not the case in my installation ... I hate climbing trees!

The SS pulleys I installed were obtained by Bo'sun Suppliers
www.BosunSupplies.com and the part number was 401-0025. Again, they don't
give these away (I think they were about $15 each) but if you need just a
couple, the difference is worth it ... especially if it prevents a system
failure.

BTW, I mounted my blocks in trees by screwing a SS eyebolt into the trunk,
and attaching the pulley to the eyebolt with a mountaineering carabiner.

Dennis, K7FL
Battle Ground, WA