[Towertalk] Rebar

Red RedHaines@centurytel.net
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:22:31 -0500

Hello to all;

I'm preparing to build a rebar cage for a tower base.  I wish to be sure
it is the correct material for welding.  None of the local suppliers of
rebar recognizes the ASTM 706 specification.  One asserts he can provide
'series 40' or 'series 60'.  I note these designations in a book on
masonry, but without any explanation other than the implication that
series 60 is superior to series 40.

Have any of you information on the suitability of different rebar
materials, for welding, and whether it is necessary to use E7018
electrodes instead of E6011 electrodes?  Or some other electrode?

73 de Red, WO0W