[Towertalk] coax on new tower ( high desert )

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 09:00:19 -0500

on 10/5/02 7:49 AM, xppq at xppq@pyramid.net wrote:

> What about use of RG8/U FOAM coax
> in outdoor environment.   Again sealing
> all connections well -  there is no air
> dielectric here?
> lots of UV sun here

RG8 is fine.  It's the good ol standby.  However, there are many newer
cables that have far better performance.  Of course, RG8 is very cheap.
It's 20 cents a foot cheaper than some of the other stuff.

I am beginning to recommend Cable Xperts CXP1318XF.  It has better loss and
power handling characteristics over standard RG8.  More expensive yes.  It's
all in how much $$$ you have to spend!

73,

Jon
NA9D