[Towertalk] GAO Challenger DX

John von Gonten n5bsd@arrl.net
06 Oct 2002 15:59:08 -0500

I am looking at starting my station with a GAP Challenger DX Antennae.
I will have to mount this at least 10ft off the ground to keep it out of
harms way, too many accident prone people around here. :)

Does anyone have suggestions on the performance and use of counterpoise
when elevated for this antennae?? And how well do they work for DXing
and contesting?  I am trying to find more real world data on this, my
budget and lot prevent me from getting to elaborate with my antennas
currently.

I have had a few people tel me they are strictly ground mount and even
the GAP tech support people have no ideas on how the counterpoise would
work in an elevated situation.

Any and help will be greatly appreciated.

| WEB   : http://www.rblprd.com    |