[Towertalk] using AB-577 75' extension kit

Dick Green dick.green@valley.net
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:13:26 -0400

Thanks for the reply Ron. So far, it's the only one from someone who has
actually used the extension kit. I've seen some serious deflection even at
50 feet with a rotor and beam at the top when the wind is blowing more than
about 10 MPH. I don't have a lot of confidence in those spring clips.

Thanks for the heads up on the hinge pins. I noticed the other day that the
asbestos (?) pad on one side of the brake had slipped sideways out of the
groove. I put it back in, but probably that needs to be watched as well.

73, Dick WC1M