[Towertalk] choices

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:16:10 -0700

How tall is your tower, David?  You said, "37' at the second section," but
didn't tell us the overall height.

I wouldn't mount a G5RV as an inverted vee; actually a G5RV's not much of an
antenna on 80m at all, so I wouldn't bother with it.

The CW-80's not bad, although you might do better.  Possibly you can load
the tower on 80, and phase the tower and the Butternut on 40, if you can get
enough distance between them.

The HF6V's not a bad 40/80 DX antenna if you have enough wire under it...I
used the "low frequency only" version, HF2V, to work DXCC in one weekend on
40 CW during the CQ WW a few years back.  From my QTH in southern CA, I
remember getting a "holy mackeral" signal report from 7Z1AB on 40 CW (when
using the HF2V).  It's all in the radial system, though...

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti