[Towertalk] Rohn 25G Bracketing

Richard M. Gillingham rmoodyg@bellsouth.net
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 20:04:44 -0400

I'm using 40' of Rohn 25 unguyed with a bracket just above the first
joint tied into the concrete tie beam at the top of the wall of my
house.  That leaves 30' above the bracket.  I've had the tower in it's
present location for 17 years, and until I installed a Hazer about 4
years ago, I climbed it routinely.  Yes, it does flex a bit.  Wobble I
wouldn't call it.  I've climbed to the tip top of the pointed top
section to reach things on the mast above.  I can't say I'd want to do
it another 10 or 20 feet higher.  up to 30 feet seems to be survivable.
 Now with the Hazer, the Fluidmotion Steppir 3 el is only 2 feet above
the top of the tower.  The tower is installed per the drawings in the
Rohn catalogue with a partial section set in a concrete base and the
bracket as stated.  Has survived several huricanes and himacanes.
 (although to be honest none a 'direct hit'.)..  My dream is to have
enough land to put a couple or three rohn 45's at 100' plus..  well
guyed and professionally installed.  But 'til I hit the lottery, it's
not likely.  Y'all have fun, and be careful.

73
Gil, W1RG