[Towertalk] Roof mount tower questions...

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:39:58 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/02 8:34:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
K9RB@bellsouth.net writes:

> Use a light coating of WD-40 on the threads and they won't seize and the WD-
> 40 will quickly dry off to allow the nyloc to do its intended job. Dry
> Stainless Steel fasteners will most always seize if tightened sufficiently!
A little
> lube and they will last a lifetime and be reusable again and again!

    Yes -- SS nuts and bolts will gall, that is, they'll throw off little
chunks of metal that'll jam the threads. I've never used WD-40 for that but
some real anti-seize from your local auto parts store will also eliminate
that problem.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH