[Towertalk] Coax recommendations

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 06:36:27 -0500

on 10/16/02 11:34 PM, John von Gonten at n5bsd@arrl.net wrote:

> I am leaning towards using Direct Bury cable in a PVC conduit just to
> have a secondary form of protection in case the conduit happens to have
> a serious issue with water at some point.

The issue with this is that you will need to have some sort of "venting" of
the PVC in order to allow air to get in there.  Otherwise if it is sealed,
then water could get in there from condensation and possibly freeze.  That
said, I put some direct burial RG-213 in a "sealed" PVC pipe about 4 or 5
years ago and have not had a bit of a problem with it.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden