[Towertalk] Refurb Old Tower?

Robin Midgett robin.midgett@vanderbilt.edu
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:08:32 -0500

Another ham & I have a working relationship with a local (Nashville, TN)
galvanizing plant. We have on several occasions collected enough tower to
make the 1000 lb. minimum for the galvanizing run. The galvanizer strips
the metal bare (pickeling), then re-dips the metal in the galvanizing
solution. The cost runs about $100-$150 for the load. The galvanizer here
(North American Galvanizing) will do a smaller batch, but you pay for 1000
lbs as the minimum. The plant here galvanizes a LOT of the cellular
mono-poles; it is no small operation. The results look like new tower.
I see that you are in GA; I anticipate two more loads to the galvanizer in
the next 2-3 months. We could try to coordinate a run if you like.