[Towertalk] Shunt Feed Tower

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:44:33 -0600

I *assume* you mean an 80 FOOT trylon self supporting tower.

You neglected to indicate on what FREQUENCY you are trying
to match the tower.

It should make a GREAT shunt vertical for 160M where the
top loading should be close to an electrical Quarter Wavelength.

Matching on 80M will be 'tricky' (i.e. I've never actually tried to
match a grounded HALF WAVE vertical).

Tom  N4KG