[Towertalk] Shunt feed crank up

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:07:27 -0700

Dana: I gamma feed my 131 ft crank up on 160. I have the coax arms with
yagi coax and rotator cable runing down through them. I clamped a piece
of square aluminum tubing to the mid level coax arm with 2 hose clamps
and dropped a nr 10 wire down from the end of it. The extension is about
4 ft long. A vac variable tunes the gamma for an SWR under 1.5 over the
lower part of the band. Your tower is much shorter and you will probably
need a different tap point. You might want to try an Omega match. Should
work fine.

73, Dan, N5AR