[Towertalk] Sidemounting an A3S ??

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:21:25 EST

I use several A-3 antennas side mounted on my 40 meter stack tower.  One of
them is fixed SE and the others rotate on side arms.  The only problems I
noticed were:
On the fixed SE, the SWR is higher, but that is a function of the guy wires
being five feet from the tips of the elements and on the one mounted ten feet
from the 40 meter beam, the SWR is higher on 15, which is expected.  However,
on the others, when rotated, there is no noticable SWR change.
The A-3 is a good little beam, perfect for a second antenna.
Bill K4XS