[Towertalk] Sidemounting an A3S ??

k4oj k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:47:38 -0500

For a little tribander like an A3 that is probably fine - like N4KG says
watch out for tightening down on those this wall legs, however.

...if you are fortunate enough, or have planned,  to have one face of
your tower be at 90 degrees to your desired heading what works really
smooth is to get piece of angle aluminum about 4 inches on a
side....mounting it to 2 legs with u-bolts creates a shelf which the
boom can sit on...then u-bolt the boom to that angle.

...the horizonal syrface also makes for an easy install - no muscle man
feats - once the weight is on the shelf all you need worry about til the
first u-bolt goes in is it sitting there... I usually drop a phillips
screwdriver through one of the outer holes and it acts as a stop to keep
the boom on top of the horzontal mounting plate.

GM

K4OJ