[Towertalk] RF feedback through other feeders

Jim Shaw Jim@ShawResources.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 14:37:09 -0700

Have you considered feed line issues?  What kind of feed lines do you use?
Coax?  Ladder line?  etc.  What kind of baluns or ununs or other such
devices do you use and how/where are they connected?  What kind of ground(s)
do use, not just in the shack but near the antennas?

73 de Jim WA6PXU@ARRL.net

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Adrian Sinitaru
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 3:18 AM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [Towertalk] RF feedback through other feeders

Dear Sirs,
I am a new member of the Towertalk reflector, so please forgive me whether
am I bringing up a subject that was already disscused before.

I am having troubles with the RF feedback, when am operating on 40M.

For 40M I am using an inverted V dipole, that is hooked up on the tower
where my 3 element tribander beam is.
I expereinced same problem when I used a vertical for 40M, that was
installed on a mast 3 metters off the beam's tower.

It seems like the beam feeder brings down in the shack some RF that is
troubling in different ways my FT920 transceiver.

Unfortunately, am living in a block of flats and I don't have a good
grounding system for my shack. For the same reason, the feeders are quite
long (around 20m) and I don't have much space on the roof to separate the
antennas. All feeders are coming down in a bundle and are connected to my
linear amplifier, through an antenna switch.

What would you suggest me to do?

Thank you in advance. With best wishes, Adrian YO3APJ

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---