[Towertalk] Need VHF/UHF Antenna Advice

Robin Midgett robin.midgett@vanderbilt.edu
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:12:49 -0500

Hi Ed,
Visit a cable TV office...ask about acquiring (free, usually) scraps or
roll ends of their 75 ohm cable. Scraps to them is typically anything under
200'. 1/2", 3/4" & 1" are all common CATV line diameters, and it is quality
(low loss) material. You can buy or build 1/4 wavelength matching sections
to match to 50 ohms at each cable end.