[Towertalk] yagis in trees

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 16:48:17 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/02 1:29:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ke3q@msn.com
writes:

>  Speaking of which...by the time you go to all this trouble to rig up
>  something in a tree...you should go back to square one and seriously
>  consider putting up a simple tower like Rohn 25 or 45 instead.  "In the
big
>  picture," at least if you stick to something at the small end like Rohn
25,
>  tower is pretty cheap, really, and then things are more standard --
standard
>  off the shelf parts and accessories, you can climb the whole thing the
>  normal way, mount antennas at the top and sides the normal way, etc.

    True enough but trees are basically free.

    But the biggest advantage of trees over towers is that trees are NOT
REGULATED. There are virtually no ham-antenna-in-trees regulations in any
building department in the whole country. You can't say that about towers,
er...I mean antenna support structures.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH