[Towertalk] Wilson Crank up round tower

FireBrick FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 18:47:39 -0500

Mark
I have a Wilson also, and I have the fold over raising fixture.
I also was a concrete/stone mason and I used expansion bolts and epoxys all
the time.
It was my major specialty in restoring Landmark buildings.

There are some problem s here.
You said the concrete was old and brittle.

I WOULD NOT USE EXPANSION BOLTS. Even with the expoxy.
The forces on those bolts will not be inline.
The swaying will cause uneven pull on the bolts.

Also the forces on the foldover fixture will be tremendous.
I held my breath the few times I folded mine over and all it had was the
mast with no antennas on the mast.

One of the other factors that in a gusty wind, the Wilson tends torque.
It's not major but again a source of uneven forces on those bolts.

If you anchor the raising fixture to your house, you will gain some
stability at the cost of a lot of inhouse noise.

If you have any other questions feel free to write, I'll try to help.

People are DNA's way of making more DNA.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com
www.billnjudy.com
http://files.billnjudy.com