[Towertalk] screw in anchors

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 20:42:57 -0700

At 03:55 PM 2002-09-08 -0700, Mark wrote:
>And the drill-through part makes every good sense to me .. although, I did
>not do that in the past., I used chain around the boles .. never never never
>had a prob with that .. Mark  6dx
The one thing that I would like to ask about drilling through and putting a
bolt through the tree is,  if the bolt is coated with a  metal could the
metal be toxic to the tree?  Copper nails can do great damage to trees.  I
am wondering if cadmium is used for the plating whether it would be
toxic?  Maybe a sheath or tube of inert plastic around the bolt would be a
safety idea?  I donot know, maybe someone has some experince or knowledge.

Chris opr VE7HCB