[Towertalk] C3 Rivets

N6ZO@aol.com N6ZO@aol.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 06:10:13 EDT

The rivets that came with my c31xr came in a plactic zip lock bag, no model
number or markings.  My dog loves zip lock bags and when I found the bag with
the bottom chewed out and minus the rivets I called F12 to get  25 more
rivets.  I was charged $20.  I had some of the same size rivets on hand and I
think the whole box was under $5 for a couple hundered of them at home depot.
 The head on the home depot rivets was slightly smaller  than the ones that
came with the C31. I am sure the ones I got at home depot would have worked
fine.  Not wanting to find out the hard way that I was wrong and to preserve
the structural integrety,  I ordered the factory version anyway.  Not sure
how much of the 20 dollar charge was "shipping and handling" .

73

chet