[Towertalk] Need Antenna Advice!

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:05:17 -0600

Interesting feedback.  I guess that calls for more
modeling to see what the other performance
parameters are when optimized for F/B or SWR.

I do NOT mean to bash the SteppRR.  I think
it is a NEAT idea and certainly offers reasonable
performance with minimal windload.

For the next step, I would propose a 24 ft boom with
individual REFLECTORS for each band, lined up in
descending frequency order from the DE with variable
DE and DIR.  I'd be glad to "Beta Test" this idea,
just in case someone from SteppRR is reading :-)

It will be interesting to see how the electrical connections
between element sections and other mechanical issues
hold up over time.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.