[Towertalk] US Towers

Chuck Counselman ccc@space.mit.edu
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:43:43 -0400

>>unfortunately, US Towers says they "don't have the yield strength"
>>for their masts....
>>73, David K4ZZR

The building code in my area (eastern MA) requires 90-mph-wind
survival, so I sent email to US Towers (at the address given on their
website) asking whether any of their towers can survive 90-mph wind,
and if so, with how many sq. ft. of antenna on top, and with what
guying.  I got an unresponsive reply so I asked again.  This time I
got no response at all.  I conclude that no US Towers tower can
survive 90 mph, even with no antenna.

On the Rohn website, you find very detailed wind-loading info.

73 de Chuck, W1HIS