[Towertalk] WARNING: Do not try this at home!

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:00:39 -0600

One of the locals hired a guy who had done a number of CB
installatons to install 100 ft of Rohn 25 and his VHF antennas.

Apparently this CB'er had never heard of the TRAM method
of raising antennas so he told the owner to undo the guys
on one side of the tower to raise the antennas.

A puff of wind came up and the CB'er rode the tower down.
He won't make THAT mistake again...or any others.

Tom  N4KG