[Towertalk] plastic cover for I.C.E. boxes?

Ken Hopper khopper@uchicago.edu
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:17:11 -0500

Dear TowerTalk guys,
I have both I.C.E. COAX lightning protection and rotor control cable
protection on my roof-top tower. Now that Winter is coming I am thinking about
covering up those boxes with some sort of plastic wrap or outdoor tape? The
instructions say do not expose to direct WX (oops).

I tried some cheap TYVEC and Duct Tape and both shreded in a short time when
exposed to the sun and rain this Summer.  I can't consolidate them and install
a weatherproof box for this yr - but maybe next yr.

What can I do to weatherproof the little boxes for this Winter WX?

Appreciate your suggestions. Mny TNX,
de ken n9vv