[Towertalk] A new Trick

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:11:09 -0700

I donot know if the folowing procedure would work but might be worth a
try.  This would not allow you to have a high from the solvents.  So  o   o.

Some one told me that the expensive automatice transimission fliud had
great cleaners in it.  Also, that the fluid is the best  lubricant
available.  So I had half a can left over, what to do with it.  Well part
went into the little plastic push oiler for misc oiling jobs like that
squeaky door that always squeals on me when I am getting something that I
am not to get.  The rest I put into a clean used peanut butter plastic jar
with lid, dropped all the rusty lug nut into it.  Shook vigerously for
about 2 minutes each day.  After about 2 weeks or so, the lug nuts almost
looked new.  Gave them to a young fellow who was very happy.  I have used
the same stuff for a few other rusted up nuts and bolts.  Works great if
you have the time and donot what to spend more than 2 minutes twice a
day.  Also, the fluid was bought on sale.

Chris opr VE7HCB