[Towertalk] 402CD coil mods

Robert Shohet kq2m@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:44:31 -0400

My solution was very "low-tech".

I only peeled back the smallest area of the shrink-wrap
necessary to replace the screw, then  I used Scotch 88
electrician's tape, wrapped liberally
around the trap and element tip using the same method
that roofers use to put shingles on their roof.

The final wrappings of the tape were started directly
over the ends of the previously taped area with successive wrappings
moving toward the area directly over the screw.

This has worked well for the past 4 years at my qth, although I am sure
that using new shrink wrap and then taping the same way would
provide even more protection.

73

Bob KQ2M