[Towertalk] rg214

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:41:38 -0700

Craig, RG214 is oversized for standard PL-259's and the 2-piece N's which
emulate the back end of a PL-259.  The O.D. of the vinyl jacket is > .410",
which is about all the standard connectors can accommodate.  There are
several varieties of Type N (mil-type, 5-piece) connectors specifically
suited for RG-214/U, however.  The ubiquitous UG21D/U (type N) that most of
us use for RG213/U and other .405" diameter cables are actually intended for
RG-214/U, and that's why they are somewhat loose on RG213/U.  -WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti