[Towertalk] TH-3 vs 5 elem 10

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 06:54:29 -0600

Congratulations !

Another testimonial that HIGHER IS *NOT* ALWAYS BETTER :-)

Your observations probably say more about take-off angles
for the two antennas at 35 and 72 ft than the gain difference
between the two antennas.  Note that over FLAT ground,
a 72 ft high 10M antenna will have lobes centered at 7 and 22
degrees with a NULL around 14 degrees.  A 35 ft high 10M antenna
will have a broader lobe centered around 14 degrees, right where
the higher antenna has a DEEP  NULL :-).

Tom  N4KG