[TowerTalk] baloon supported wire verticals

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Fri Apr 4 10:05:19 EST 2003

Hi Mirko,

I've paid about $200 for a kiteoon, locally.  The 8-to-9 foot diameter WX
balloons are usually about $30 each, so a kiteoon is definitely more
expensive -- but, the kiteoon is reusable, whereas the latex WX balloons are
not.  Once they stretch from use and the He starts leaking through the latex
(which it does, within about two days), the WX balloons are good for the
garbage bin.

73 & good luck with your experiment!

Steve, WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill