[TowerTalk] Low band receiving antennas

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 4 20:57:49 EST 2003

Hi all,
As it's the time of year for me to take my Beverages down until
November, I've been looking at other, options for low band receiving
antennas.
Currently, I use a 600 ft Bev to EU and a 300 Bev to the West. I'd
like to have something for South, but not enough room for a Bev. I've
reviewed the reflector archives, as well as K6SE's artcile in QST 2
years ago, and looks like a pennant, flag or diamond might to the
job.
I wonder if anyone has experience with any of these receiving
antennas? How do they compare with Beverages? Also, I'm considering
putting one up that can be rotated. Anyone done this?
Tnx,
Barry, W2UP--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at mindspring.com