[TowerTalk] Problems with my 2 el tribader yagi

G.E. Tucker gtucker at bostoneng.com
Sat Apr 5 23:08:07 EST 2003

21 + 21 = 42, close to the 30-40 degree pointing error you observe. Could
you have made the magnetic declination correction in the wrong direction?
The chart/map below indicates that at your location magnetic north is 21
degrees West of  true north, i.e. that true north is 21 degrees to the
right/East of the compass needle.
http://picasso.ngdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/seg/util/gifrmt?map_29604.gif

At this site declination can be found by Latitude and Longitude:
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/seg/gmag/fldsnth1.pl

73 George W5VU