[TowerTalk] Location

Mark Beckwith mark at concertart.com
Mon Apr 7 15:57:55 EDT 2003

Sorry this is a few days late - I posted it to cq-contest like an idiot.  I
would have let it die, but after reading the listmaster's enthusiasm about
the thread I will post it here better late than never:

Tommy, WD4K, said:

>Some of this Realtor bashing comes from a complete and total
>misunderstanding of what you should expect from your Realtor

Tommy, relax.  First of all, you're correct.  When asked about
antenna restrictions, a realtor SHOULD say:

"You know, that is not something I can help you with.  You will need to
check the documents or have an attorney do it with you.  If you choose to
buy it, I can help you write the contract to protect yourself."

But really-and-truly, I have known more than one Realtor to say more like:

"I'm sure it won't be a problem.  Now when did you want to close?"

So, Tommy, I'm sure you are not in the latter group, but perhaps some of
your R.E. colleagues should be reading the Contest Reflector to understand
better how to do THEIR jobs.

As a homebuyer, I go into it looking to the Real Estate Professional to do
EVERYTHING.  If they don't do EVERYTHING, they should tell me that at some
point like you just did.  Why in the world should it be incumbent on ME to
somehow know what they are and are not supposed to say or do?  I just want
to buy a house for goodness sake, so I go to a Realtor.

BTW, I'm the customer and therefore always right  :)  But: I'm also willing
to learn.  Thanks for your post.  It was very informative.  I can hear your
frustration.

Mark, N5OT